Putting a new roof on a building is one of the biggest investments that you make as a home or business owner. It’s also critically important to the structural integrity of your home or business. A healthy roof prevents interior damage, and the devastating effects of a roof leak that can damage precious mementos, expensive electronics, and more. But choosing the right contractor can be a challenge. One credential is helping set apart the best of the best in a competitive and sometimes confusing market. Here’s a closer look at the GAF Master Elite Roofing Certification, and the benefits of hiring a company that’s been recognized in the program.
If you don’t recognize the name, GAF is North America’s largest manufacturer of commercial and residential roofing materials. They’ve been in business since 1886, and their products are routinely ranked #1 by contractors, home owners, and third party associations. One of the big things that sets GAF apart is their philosophy: they focus on helping homeowners make the best, safest roofing choices for their homes and helping contractors build successful, customer-focused businesses.
One of the ways that they’re achieving both of their goals is through their Master Elite Roofing Contractor certification program. GAF recognized a gap in the market for an independent agency to help rank the most highly qualified roofing contractors in America. This process makes it easier for consumers to hire qualified roofing companies and offers incentives to motivated roofing contractors to provide exceptional service and develop real roofing expertise. It’s fair to say that this is a rigorous process: less than 3% of contractors in the US actually qualify for the program.
What does the certification tell you?
The standards for GAF certification are demanding. If you hire a GAF Master Elite Roofing contractor, you know for sure that your contractor:
– Is fully licensed according to state and local regulations in the area you live or work;
– Carries adequate business and worker safety insurance to protect you while they’re on your property;
– Has an excellent reputation, as verified throughout the community by peers and customers;
– Is committed to ongoing professional education, to offer you the latest in roofing technology and techniques.
Since these points correspond with the major questions every home owner or business owner should ask prior to hiring a roofer, working with a GAF certified contractor saves you important time and money during the vetting process.
What are the other benefits of working with a GAF certified contractor?
It’s not just peace of mind and high quality workmanship at stake when you’re working with GAF certified contractors. The company offers a number of benefits that can affect your bottom line. Your contractor gets:
– Access to the latest information and advanced products to offer you state of the art roofing that may last longer and may not require repairs.
– Exclusive access to longer warranties, since the quality of their work is known and trusted. Some warranty products include a factory inspection after installation.
– The ability to offer you advanced products such as the GAF 3 Step Protection system that helps guard roofs against common problems that can result in costly repairs.
Working with a contractor in the program simplifies your vetting process: any candidate you talk to has already been screened as one of the top professional roofing companies in the country. As a result, you can rest assured that you’re getting excellent customer service, craftsmanship, and access to exclusive warranties that protect your roof for years to come. Knockout Roofing is proud to be a GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor. We always recommend working with a certified provider, and will be happy to answer any questions you have about the program. Contact us today for more information about our residential and commercial roofing services.